I go by “S. Sivaranjani” on publications. For review invitations, please use the following PINs: Paperplaza – 103565; Controls Papercept – 59930; IFAC Papercept – 129435.
*Co-first author, **Co-last author/senior author.
- S. Sivaranjani, Etika Agarwal, Vijay Gupta, “Data-driven identification of dissipative linear models for nonlinear systems”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2022.
- Xiangtian Zheng, Nan Xu, Loc Trinh, Dongqi Wu, Tong Huang, Sivaranjani S., Yan Liu, Le Xie, “A Multi-scale Time-series Dataset with Benchmark for Machine Learning in Decarbonized Energy Grids”, Nature Scientific Data, 2022.
- R. El Helou, S. Sivaranjani, D. Kalathil, A. Schaper, L. Xie, (2022). “The impact of heavy-duty vehicle electrification on large power grids: A synthetic Texas case study” Advances in Applied Energy, 2022.
- Krishna Chaitanya Kosaraju, S. Sivaranjani, Vijay Gupta, “Safety during Transient Response in Direct Current Microgrids using Control Barrier Functions,” IEEE Control Systems Letters, vol. 6, pp. 337-342, 2022.
- Kiyeob Lee, Xinbo Geng, S. Sivaranjani, Bainan Xia, Hao Ming, Srinivas Shakkottai, Le Xie, “Targeted Demand Response for Mitigating Price Volatility and Enhancing Grid Reliability in Synthetic Texas Electricity Markets,” iScience, vol. 25, no. 2, 2022.
- Krishna Chaitanya Kosaraju, S. Sivaranjani, Wesley Suttle, Vijay Gupta, Ji Liu, “Reinforcement learning based distributed control of dissipative networked systems,” IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 2021.
- Etika Agarwal*, S. Sivaranjani*, Vijay Gupta, Panos Antsaklis, “Distributed Synthesis of Local Controllers for Networked Systems with Arbitrary Interconnection Topologies”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 66, no. 2, 2021.
- Guangchun Ruan, Dongqi Wu, Xiangtian Zheng, Haiwang Zhong, Chongqing Kang, Munther A. Dahleh, Sivaranjani S.**, Le Xie**, “A Cross-Domain Approach to Analyzing the Short-Run Impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. Electricity Sector”, Joule, 2020.
- S. Sivaranjani*, Etika Agarwal*, Vijay Gupta, Panos Antsaklis, Le Xie, “Distributed Mixed Voltage Angle and Frequency Droop Control of Microgrid Interconnections with Loss of Distribution-PMU Measurements”. IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy, 2020. arXiv:1810.09132.
- M. Sadegh Modarresi*, Bilal Abada*, S. Sivaranjani, Le Xie, Shankararaman Chellam, “Planning of survivable nano-grids through jointly optimized water and electricity: The case of Colonias at the Texas-Mexico border”, Applied Energy, Volume 278, 15 November 2020, 115586 (Special section on MIT A+B).
- S. Sivaranjani, James Richard Forbes, Peter Seiler, Vijay Gupta, “Conic-sector-based analysis and control synthesis for linear parameter varying systems“, IEEE Control Systems Letters, 2(2): 224 – 229, 2018.
- Sadra Sadraddini, S. Sivaranjani, Vijay Gupta, Calin Belta, “Provably Safe Cruise Control of Vehicular Platoons“, IEEE Control Systems Letters, 1(2): 262-267, 2017. Jointly accepted for presentation at the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2017.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
- Amit Jena, Tong Huang, S. Sivaranjani, D. Kalathil and L.Xie, “Distributed learning-based stability assessment for large scale networks of dissipative systems“, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2021.
- S. Sivaranjani, P. R. Kumar, Le Xie, “A Privacy Preserving Model-Free Optimization and Control Framework for Demand Response from Residential Thermal Loads”, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2020. Invited Paper.
- Etika Agarwal*, S. Sivaranjani*, Vijay Gupta, Panos Antsaklis, “Compositional verification of passivity for cascade interconnected nonlinear systems”, Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED), 2020.
- S. Sivaranjani, Etika Agarwal, Vijay Gupta, “Data-driven identification of approximate passive linear models for nonlinear systems”, Learning for Dynamics and Control (L4DC), 2020. Extended version here.
- S. Sivaranjani, Etika Agarwal*, Le Xie, Vijay Gupta, Panos Antsaklis, “Mixed Voltage Angle and Frequency Droop Control for Transient Stability of Interconnected Microgrids with Loss of PMU Measurements“. American Control Conference (ACC), 2020. Invited Paper.
- Etika Agarwal*, S. Sivaranjani, Vijay Gupta, Panos Antsaklis, “Sequential Synthesis of Distributed Controllers for Cascade Interconnected Systems”, American Control Conference (ACC), 2019.
- S. Sivaranjani, Sadra Sadraddini, Vijay Gupta, Calin Belta, “Distributed control policies for localization of large disturbances in urban traffic networks”, American Control Conference (ACC), 2017.
- Etika Agarwal, S. Sivaranjani, and Panos Antsaklis. “Feedback passivation of nonlinear switched systems using linear approximations”, Indian Control Conference (ICC), 2017. Runner-up, Best student paper award.
- S. Sivaranjani, Yuh-Shyang Wang, Vijay Gupta, Ketan Savla, “Localization of disturbances in transportation systems”, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2015.
- S. Sivaranjani, Vijay Gupta, Peter Seiler, “Passivity of linear parameter varying systems with intermittent non-passive behavior”, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2015.
- S. Sivaranjani and Venkateswaran Narayanan, “Output-Feedback Networked Control of Smart Grids with Distributed Generation”, Indian Control Conference (ICC), 2015.
- S. Sivaranjani and D. Thukaram, “A networked control systems perspective for wide-area monitoring control of smart power grids”, IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies – Asia (ISGT Asia), 2013.
- S. Sivaranjani and D. Thukaram, “Networked Control of Smart Grids with Distributed Generation”, IEEE India Conference (INDICON), 2013.
- S. Sivaranjani, P.R. Kumar, and L. Xie, “Methods, systems, and computer readable media for model-fre eprivacy-preserving thermal load management”, Application #PCT/US2021/046414, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, 2021.
Papers in Submission (On ArXiv or Available on request)
- S. Sivaranjani and V. Gupta, “Existence and stability of steady states in congested transportation networks,” In submission, 2020.
Selected Conference Abstracts/Posters
- S. Sivaranjani, Etika Agarwal, Vijay Gupta, “Learning passive linear models of nonlinear systems from data”, Late Breaking Poster, American Control Conference (ACC), 2020.
- Sivaranjani S., Vijay Gupta, “Congested equilibria in large-scale traffic networks: Existence, stability and robustness through chemical reaction network analogues”, Americal Physical Society (APS) March Meeting, 2019.
- Sivaranjani S., Yuh-Shyang Wang and Vijay Gupta. “Localizing shock waves in large-scale transportation networks”, American Control Conference (ACC), 2016. Poster.
- Sivaranjani S. and Vijay Gupta. “Using vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication to enhance fuel efficiency in large-scale transportation networks via localization of shock waves”, Humanitarian Technology: Science, Systems and Global Impact (HumTech), 2016. Poster.
- Nagarjun K.P., Sivaranjani S., and Koshy George. “Lyapunov Control of Quantum Systems with Applications to Quantum Computing”, International Conference on Quantum Information and Quantum Computing (ICQIQC) 2013. Poster.